Hello my friend,
Where does your tolerance lie?
Tolerance is often considered a good thing but that’s not always the case. Often we tolerate things because it’s easier than making a fuss. This leads to us doing too much and getting burnt out because we’re afraid of rocking the boat.
Here are some things our members have said they tolerate.
- Admin staff not leaving the front desk in the same condition they found it
- Staff turning up late
- Students paying fees late
- Students leaving with no notice
- Teachers leaving with no notice
- Cleaning the studio because the staff roster isn’t working
- Never taking time off because they can’t trust their staff
- Parents of students overstepping boundaries
- Students not respecting the opening hours of the studio
Today it’s time to look at what you’re tolerating and what needs changing.
I want you to start by grabbing a notebook or journal and start writing out all the gunk you are tolerating. I explain more in my video below:
I want you to get out all the things that feel heavy. After writing this list you may feel like this was a cathartic experience or overwhelmed. Whatever you feel let’s honour how you are feeling at this moment and be ready to move on.
This is an essential exercise for your mental health and capacity to be a calm and strong leader of your team.
Once you finish this list I want you to pick one thing that you are going to address. Bit by bit we can wipe the gunk away.
Let’s overhaul where you spend your tolerance. I want you to have a business you truly love.
Off you go!
All my best,